- This event has passed.
Prof Sue Arrowsmith presentation on the GPA, Thursday 11 October
11th October 2018 @ 3:30 pm - 6:30 pm
We are delighted to announce that Professor Sue Arrowsmith will be giving a presentation to the PLA on the WTO’s plurilateral Agreement on Government Procurement on Thursday, 11 October 2018 at 4pm (registration from 3.30pm) at the Museum of London, EC2. The event is scheduled to end at 6.30pm and will be followed by a drinks reception.
The event is free for PLA members. Non-members from the private sector may attend for a ticket price of £25 and all others for a ticket price of £12.50. The ticket price includes membership of the Association for the membership year (which ends on 30 November 2018).
- Introduction to the GPA
- The significance of the GPA in the context of Brexit: will the GPA be the main future framework for UK procurement policy?
- The current on-going process for the UK’s independent accession to the GPA
- The GPA in depth:
- GPA coverage: comparison and contrast with the EU regime
- GPA award procedures: comparison and contrast with the EU regime
- GPA remedies: comparison and contrast with the EU regime
- Sustainable procurement under the GPA: comparison and contrast with the EU regime
- Implications for State Aid and procurement
- How could, and should, the UK respond to a “GPA-only” regime?
Members: To reserve your place for this event please simply email PLAevents@eversheds-sutherland.com confirming your attendance.
Non-members: To reserve your place for this event please respond to PLAevents@eversheds-sutherland.com and send a cheque made payable to the “Procurement Lawyers’ Association” for the attention of Totis Kotsonis at Eversheds, One Wood Street, EC2V 7WS.
If you have any queries in relation to this event, please contact Totis Kotsonis at firstname.lastname@example.org or on tel. 020 7919 4621